[NatureNS] Local birding today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:09:25 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001636ed688b8b6a2d0472c89860

Hi,

Managed to spend some time birding today. This morning I spent about an hour
in Palmeter Woods, Kentville. It was full of birds - particularly
woodpeckers - At one point there were 20 N.Flickers around me, and I also
saw 2 Pileateds, and several Hairies and Downies. There was a good group of
Blue-Headed Vireos + Y-R, Magnolia and Parula Warblers, a Least Flycatcher,
and 2 E.Wood Pewees still singing.  There were a number of W-B Nuthatches
and Blue Jays, and of course Bl-C.Chickadees everywhere. The woods
themselves were beautiful, with lots of wildflowers still in bloom, and very
little leaf fall yet.

At high tide this afternoon I met up with a photographer friend, and we went
to Grand Pre to photograph shorebirds. There was a mixed flock of a few
hundred only, amongst the Bass fishermen, but they were very approachable.
Semi. Plovers and Sandpipers, Least and White-rumpeds, and Sanderling. Many
juveniles now present.

We still have Hummingbirds (all F/ juv.) in our yard.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636ed688b8b6a2d0472c89860

Hi,<br><br>Managed to spend some time birding today. This morning I spent a=
bout an hour in Palmeter Woods, Kentville. It was full of birds - particula=
rly woodpeckers - At one point there were 20 N.Flickers around me, and I al=
so saw 2 Pileateds, and several Hairies and Downies. There was a good group=
 of Blue-Headed Vireos + Y-R, Magnolia and Parula Warblers, a Least Flycatc=
her, and 2 E.Wood Pewees still singing.=A0 There were a number of W-B Nutha=
tches and Blue Jays, and of course Bl-C.Chickadees everywhere. The woods th=
emselves were beautiful, with lots of wildflowers still in bloom, and very =
little leaf fall yet.<br>

 went to Grand Pre to photograph shorebirds. There was a mixed flock of a f=
ew hundred only, amongst the Bass fishermen, but they were very approachabl=
e. Semi. Plovers and Sandpipers, Least and White-rumpeds, and Sanderling. M=
any juveniles now present.<br>

:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--001636ed688b8b6a2d0472c89860--