[NatureNS] Brier rabbit?

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:38:44 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016365ee0ba03ccfe0470c8dfbd

Dave,

You could "dumb down" the photo in most graphics software so the resolution
/ size are both smaller. A file size of 50 kb goes through dial up
"relatively" well, and is normally good enough for screen viewing. Or, you
could go to a library or other public site and post from there.

Our only native lagomorph (rabbits, hares and pikas) in NS is the Snowshoe
Hare.

Randy
(who's also on dial-up from home).

2009/8/9 <dash.bi@ns.sympatico.ca>

> I have photos of a rabbit that my son took a few days ago. This rabbit is
> much larger than a common Cotton Tail, has very distinctive summer markings,
> white inside the ears, no noticeable white tail & a white forehead spot. It
> also appears more muscular than a C Tail. I have perused many photos but
> unable to find a match. On dial up posting a photo is, well, almost
> impossible.
> Dave Pugh
> Brier Island

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--0016365ee0ba03ccfe0470c8dfbd

 the resolution / size are both smaller. A file size of 50 kb goes through =
dial up &quot;relatively&quot; well, and is normally good enough for screen=
 viewing. Or, you could go to a library or other public site and post from =
there.</div>

shoe Hare.</div>
/dash.bi">dash.bi</a>@<a href=3D"http://ns.sympatico.ca">ns.sympatico.ca</a=
>&gt;</span><br>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">I have photos of a rabbit that m=
y son took a few days ago. This rabbit is much larger than a common Cotton =
Tail, has very distinctive summer markings, white inside the ears, no notic=
eable white tail &amp; a white forehead spot. It also appears more muscular=
 than a C Tail. I have perused many photos but unable to find a match. On d=
ial up posting a photo is, well, almost impossible.<br>

boonies of<br>Antigonish County, NS.<br>

--0016365ee0ba03ccfe0470c8dfbd--