[NatureNS] Field Trip

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 03:38:56 +0000

--_ebd8758d-95df-4128-a8ee-b9514dffb47e_

I would like to thank all those who attended my field trip on Saturday.  It=
 was a good day with over 60 species.  Highlights were a Bonaparte gull at =
Mahone Bay and a group of five in flight at Westhaver Beach.  We had a blac=
kburnian warbler at Clearland.  Clarence Stevens Jr and Joan Waldren heard =
a great-crested flycatcher in back of Mahone Bay.  It was calling from some=
where near the Mahone Bay Centre (old school).

=20

The phalaropes were not at Kingsburg (Hells Point)=2C but we had goodly num=
bers of shorebirds.

=20

At Lilydale we had wood ducks in eclipse plumage and some young ones.  Faux=
burg had a lot of migrants=2C with an Eastern woods pewee.

=20

Last night at Back Centre there were 74 barn swallows perched on the wires.

=20

Today at Miller's Point Peace Park in the evening I heard and saw two yello=
w-bellied flycatchers.  There actually might have been more of these birds =
there. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport

More storage. Better anti-spam and antivirus protection. Hotmail makes it s=
imple.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9671357=

--_ebd8758d-95df-4128-a8ee-b9514dffb47e_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
I would like to thank all those who attended my field trip on Saturday.&nbs=
p=3B It was a good day with over 60 species.&nbsp=3B Highlights were a Bona=
parte gull at Mahone Bay and a group of five in flight at Westhaver Beach.&=
nbsp=3B We had a blackburnian warbler at Clearland.&nbsp=3B Clarence Steven=
s Jr and Joan Waldren heard a great-crested flycatcher in back of Mahone Ba=
y.&nbsp=3B It was calling from somewhere near the Mahone Bay Centre (old sc=
hool).<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The phalaropes were not at Kingsburg (Hells Point)=2C but we had goodly num=
bers of shorebirds.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At Lilydale we had wood ducks in eclipse plumage and some young ones.&nbsp=
=3B Fauxburg had a lot of migrants=2C with an Eastern woods pewee.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Last night at Back Centre there were 74 barn swallows perched on the wires.=
<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Today at Miller's Point Peace Park in the evening I heard and saw two yello=
w-bellied flycatchers.&nbsp=3B There actually might have been more of these=
 birds there.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR><br /><hr />More storage. Better anti-spam and antivirus protect=
ion. <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9671352' target=3D'_new'>=
Hotmail makes it simple.</a></body>

--_ebd8758d-95df-4128-a8ee-b9514dffb47e_--