[NatureNS] Some Valley birds today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:04:07 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001636989694e615dc046dc2bc55

Hi,

I was told of a Pileated Woodpecker's nest not far from here, - there were 2
young visible, and there was a N.Cardinal singing loudly nearby this
evening. A Flicker has taken to drumming loudly on our chimney at about 5:30
am for the last few days, and there are large numbers of baby Grackles
appearing at the feeders now.

After working in Middleton today I went in search of Clarence's Pacific Loon
at Cottage Cove and Port George - no luck, but there were 4-5 Common Loons,
including some adults in breeding plumage, lots of Eiders, and unusually,
about a dozen Black-legged Kittiwakes roosting on the rocks with the Herring
Gulls - presumably the remnants of the larger flock reported there a week or
so ago.

This evening I saw a sight that has been extremely unusual for King's Co. in
the last 3 weeks or so - the sun - which appeared for about 15 minutes from
behind a cloud, before the gloom and fog took over again.

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636989694e615dc046dc2bc55

Hi,<br><br>I was told of a Pileated Woodpecker&#39;s nest not far from here=
, - there were 2 young visible, and there was a N.Cardinal singing loudly n=
earby this evening. A Flicker has taken to drumming loudly on our chimney a=
t about 5:30 am for the last few days, and there are large numbers of baby =
Grackles appearing at the feeders now.<br>

ific Loon at Cottage Cove and Port George - no luck, but there were 4-5 Com=
mon Loons, including some adults in breeding plumage, lots of Eiders, and u=
nusually, about a dozen Black-legged Kittiwakes roosting on the rocks with =
the Herring Gulls - presumably the remnants of the larger flock reported th=
ere a week or so ago.<br>

;s Co. in the last 3 weeks or so - the sun - which appeared for about 15 mi=
nutes from behind a cloud, before the gloom and fog took over again.<br cle=
ar=3D"all">

--001636989694e615dc046dc2bc55--