[NatureNS] A Canada Day for the birds

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:32:21 -0300

Well,

at least from this viewpoint the current forecast for Canada Day is a bright
one, unless flooding and chilling becomes a problem for nesting birds and
their chicks.

Out of curiosity.  Last weekend I went down to Conrads Beach and noticed
that the access to the parking lot was gated (and some new signs informing
about the presence of Piping Plovers on the beach).  I am just wondering if
the closure of the parking lot is related to the Plovers, or if someone deemed
the condition of the bridge leading to the lot more than just a hazard to rims
and suspension of vehicles crossing?

Ulli