[NatureNS] re Hans' wildflower and other photos

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:37:57 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

margin-left: 0px; "&gt;&lt;font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3"
ok witches broom. I have a beautiful, just absolutely gorgeous fir tree out
back that has suddenly a witch's broom and it is yellowing now. We were
excited about the colour and shape of this tree and salvaged seed for a
gentleman who grows Christmas trees, several years ago. Now is there a
chance the seed is infected with this rust.
If I cut away the infected section that is all weird, then do I burn it or
should the whole tree be destroyed? I see another fir out front is putting
on strange 'fingery' growth instead of "normal tips'  that makes me think is
it isn't as healthy as it appears to be.......colour is great but one
these"fingers" are wrapping about the leader so far in one complete turn and
I have to get up there with a ladder to untwist it I think. It grew too high
for me to reach even with my rake.
Marg in White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca