[NatureNS] Comments on how to move a snapping turtle

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:37:09 -0300
From: Noel Taussig <birdsareback@ecologyaction.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

the jaws (larger snappers can amputate a finger with a bite) and t

--Boundary_(ID_xMsauSmzJCJsucPlVzztWA)

As for holding the turtle by the tail, imagine being picked up by one leg,
your leg is plenty strong, but any twisting or wrong moves by you or the
carrier comes with potential for injuring joints, muscles or even fracturing
bones. I would have to guess that turtles are probably a lot more durable
then the average human, but they would likely, at the very least, be
uncomfortable being carried by the tail.

That's just an opinion; hope it helps, Noel Taussig