[NatureNS] re new flock of tree swallows

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:57:29 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

there certainly was a lot of "attempting" and squabbling over the empty
house. I haven't seen any for awhile now,  but the resident couple who are
busy capturing flies out front. What worries me is I haven't seen the barn
swallows from up the road and this will be a first year they haven't
produced young. They were here earlier up until about a week ago, I think.
Maybe I am just missing them, I hope that is the case. That property was
sold and I don't know who has control of the barn. They may have closed it
up. I must check. The previous owner (died) used to leave the peak window
open for them.
http://margmillard.ca