[NatureNS] Whale Lake

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 00:26:01 +0000

--_354ac19b-3a1b-4c4c-93e8-52abf2c4881e_

David Walmark and I did some atlasing this moring at the Whale Lake Square.=
  I started this square last year with a lot of species=2C but most were at=
 low status. =20

=20

I really did not hit the square hard last year and just breezed through it.=
  This year I plan to hit it very hard.  Anyhow=2C I figured that David and=
 I would get through at least half of the square.  In two hours we managed =
to make it around one lake only and just a small little section of the squa=
re.  The lake is Caribou lake and is huge and provided 32 species of birds.=
  We did pass through farmland and an area where lots of swallows had been =
present last year.  We saw one tree swallow only.

=20

The predominent species was red-eyed vireo and ovenbirds.  A pileated woodp=
ecker was a nice treat.  Thus far I've found the magnolia warbler to be way=
 down in this area.  Today was the first one that I've managed to lay eyes =
on.  I should have seen tons of these birds by now.

=20

James R. Hirtle=20

Bayport

Create a cool=2C new character for your Windows Live=99 Messenger.=20
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9656621=

--_354ac19b-3a1b-4c4c-93e8-52abf2c4881e_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
David Walmark and I did some atlasing this moring at the Whale Lake Square.=
&nbsp=3B I started this square last year with a lot of species=2C but most =
were at low status.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I really did not hit the square hard last year and just breezed through it.=
&nbsp=3B This year I plan to hit it very hard.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=2C I figured =
that David and I would get through at least half of the square.&nbsp=3B In =
two hours we managed to make it around one lake only and just a small littl=
e section of the square.&nbsp=3B The lake is Caribou lake and is huge and p=
rovided 32 species of birds.&nbsp=3B We did pass through farmland and an ar=
ea where lots of swallows had been present last year.&nbsp=3B We saw one tr=
ee swallow only.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The predominent species was red-eyed vireo and ovenbirds.&nbsp=3B A pileate=
d woodpecker was a nice treat.&nbsp=3B Thus far I've found the magnolia war=
bler to be way down in this area.&nbsp=3B Today was the first one that I've=
 managed to lay eyes on.&nbsp=3B I should have seen tons of these birds by =
now.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle <BR>
Bayport<BR><br /><hr />Create a cool=2C new character for your Windows Live=
=99 Messenger.  <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9656621' targe=
t=3D'_new'>Check it out</a></body>

--_354ac19b-3a1b-4c4c-93e8-52abf2c4881e_--