[NatureNS] For those who don't like Starlings (or Crows)

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:20:49 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--00163662e711c7eb67046b8c5a07

I was at Margaretsville briefly this morning, and saw about 50 Black Scoter
offshore - presumably the remnants of the flock that Gary Myers was seeing
at Morden. I heard a lot of loud squawking behind me, and saw 3 Crows
attacking a young Starling on the ground, with its parent squawking and
trying to drive them off. One of the Crows then carried off the chick in its
beak, accompanied by the other 2 into the far blue yonder.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--00163662e711c7eb67046b8c5a07

I was at Margaretsville briefly this morning, and saw about 50 Black Scoter=
 offshore - presumably the remnants of the flock that Gary Myers was seeing=
 at Morden. I heard a lot of loud squawking behind me, and saw 3 Crows atta=
cking a young Starling on the ground, with its parent squawking and trying =
to drive them off. One of the Crows then carried off the chick in its beak,=
 accompanied by the other 2 into the far blue yonder. <br>

href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>######=

--00163662e711c7eb67046b8c5a07--