[NatureNS] Re: Reddish Egret in Brooklyn, Queens Cnty tonight

From: "hghgh" <macleod.grayjay@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:14:50 -0300

-----Original Message-----
From: uhoeger@dal.ca <uhoeger@dal.ca>
To: NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:55 PM
Subject: [NatureNS] Re: Reddish Egret in Brooklyn, Queens Cnty tonight

Wow,

In all those years I am writing up the heron section for NSBirds pretty much
all but this species had been seen and reported in NS at one point or
another.  I am correct to assume that the bird is off the dark/reddish morph
and not the white kind?

This spring seems exceptional, as -out of the back of my head- only Yellow-
crowned Nightheron and Least Bittern has not been seen and reported in
the past few weeks.  Looms like a lot of work to write up the Spring
sightings
for 2009 in my department.

Cheers

Ulli