[NatureNS] Sandy Cove Birds

From: Donald Mac Laughlin <mundobirder@hotmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 01:28:27 -0200

--_de4a5be3-3070-49ef-8ee3-be94e2a6394c_

Figured it was time to subscribe again and share some of my sightings.

=20

Saturday 6:00PM saw an Indigo Bunting on the seaweed at Sandy Cove Beach ne=
ar Ketch Harbour.

=20

Across the road from the Broken Bridge on the trail to the beach were a pai=
r of catbirds=2C male and female in the alders.  I was at the beach for abo=
ut 30 minutes but only saw them the once for about 3 minutes.  A male yello=
w-rumped warbler had landed in the bush and they came up from what seemed t=
o be nowhere and the male catbird chased it away.  After about 3 minutes of=
 watching them skulk around I was distracted by other birds and when I turn=
ed back they were gone.

=20

Also in talking to someone in East Pennant on Saturday night they had a mal=
e Painted Bunting at their feeders for a couple of weeks in November.  They=
 did show one birder but told that person that they absolutely did not want=
 it reported because they do not like people around and knew it would bring=
 many. =20

=20

Are all of these baby Mallards I'm seeing around early or is this the norma=
l time for them to be swimming?

=20

On that note about early nature... Some Blueberries in Bloom at York Redoub=
t right beside the Strawberry Blossoms.

Create a cool=2C new character for your Windows Live=99 Messenger.=20
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9656621=

--_de4a5be3-3070-49ef-8ee3-be94e2a6394c_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Figured it was time to subscribe again and share some of my sightings.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Saturday 6:00PM saw an Indigo Bunting on the seaweed at Sandy Cove Beach ne=
ar Ketch Harbour.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Across the road from the Broken Bridge on the trail to the beach were a pai=
r of catbirds=2C male and female&nbsp=3Bin the alders.&nbsp=3B I was at the=
 beach for about 30 minutes but only saw them the once for about 3 minutes.=
&nbsp=3B A male yellow-rumped warbler had landed in the bush and they came =
up from what seemed to be nowhere and the male catbird chased it away.&nbsp=
=3B After about 3 minutes of watching them skulk around I was distracted by=
 other birds and when I turned back they were gone.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Also in talking to someone in East Pennant on Saturday night they had a mal=
e Painted Bunting at their feeders for a couple of weeks in November.&nbsp=
=3B They did show one birder but told that person that they absolutely did =
not want it reported because they do not like people around and knew it wou=
ld bring many.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Are all of these baby Mallards I'm seeing around early or is this the norma=
l time for them to be swimming?<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
On that note about early nature... Some Blueberries in Bloom at York Redoub=
t right beside the Strawberry Blossoms.<BR><br /><hr />Create a cool=2C new=
 character for your Windows Live=99 Messenger.  <a href=3D'http://go.micros=
oft.com/?linkid=3D9656621' target=3D'_new'>Check it out</a></body>

--_de4a5be3-3070-49ef-8ee3-be94e2a6394c_--