[NatureNS] black racer snakes in NS?

Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:31:42 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, John Gilhen <GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>

While you might see a "black" snake in Barrington, Roland, it will most
likely be a dark phase of a Garter Snake, or one of our Northern
Ring-necked Snakes. To the best of my knowledge an Eastern Black Racer
has  never been found naturally in Nova Scotia. Have you heard  of any
Paul?
Perhaps John Gilhen will respond to this chain. .
For more on the racers, see:
http://www.wildlifenorthamerica.com/Reptile/Black-Racer/Coluber/constrictor-priapus.htmlhas
The green snake you mentioned is an Eastern Smooth Green Snake - we used
to call them grass snakes. Beautiful! Cheers, Joan