[NatureNS] Garter Snake

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:40:22 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C9DB9B.4188ADA0

Hello Paul -
      What about the small black snakes with a ring around the neck?  I =
understand they are asps and not snakes, but what is the difference? I =
have found two or three dead ones in my driveway,  and I once saw a live =
one when we moved some old wagon parts.
       I don't think I would trust any black snakes. I have seen a few =
big ones I would prefer to stay away from. In my present home I see =
mostly brown or green garter snakes.=20

Roland.
  ----- Original Message -----=20