[NatureNS] Re: Bird identification

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:55:27 -0300

I have had several people tell me the two birds I asked to be identified
were a young downey woodpecker and a catbird. I have not seen a gray catbird
since 1945. They were common in Bear River, but I have not seen one since I
left home at the age of 17. If  I had been told it mewed like a cat I would
have known what it was.
     I would like to thank everyone for their kindness in responding to my
request.

Roland.