[NatureNS] Palmeter Woods

From: Mike McCall <frogmore@xcountry.tv>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:19:44 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Here at Hall's Harbour on the North Mountain, we're usually some days
behind
the valley when it comes to warblers. As well, the variety isn't as
great. Not
as varied a habitat, I suppose. But to my surprise this morning I had
N. Parula,
Magnolia, Black throated Green and Yellow-rumped, all in the space of
a few minutes, just standing in one spot.
For the first time in my 13 years living here, Grackles visit every day.
I don't think I ought to link this to global warming, although it might
be an indicator to people who measure such things.

Mike McCall