[NatureNS] owl route results

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 12:00:41 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Two nights ago I accompanied Richard Mash on his owl route which
starts in Roman Valley, Guys. Co., and ends near Upper South River,
Ant. Co.

We had two GH Owls and two or three Barreds. No Saw-whets. Of the
three routes I've done, there has been only one Saw-whet; two
neighbouring routes have had none. Although the migration is not yet
over, I would have expected to hear more. And to make matters worse,
this is supposed to be a peak year (though "peaks" aren't always huge
peaks, nor are they immutably consistent).

Randy
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.