[NatureNS] Warm day

From: "David Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:36:25 -0300

Dear All,        Apr 28, 2009
    On a slow walk along a woods road this afternoon I saw, among other
things, a sunning Garter Snake and 38 Tiger beetles (C. sexguttata). A
Red-spotted Ladybeetle (Chilocorus stigma) landed on my neck; presumably
flying. I have a record of having seen it only once previously; June 23,
1962.

    On Sunday I split and rossed a small Ash tree that I had cut last fall.
Late this afternoon there were many Hylesinus  aculeatus (a small weevil
that is fond of Ash) on it; more than 45.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville