[NatureNS] Re: Indigo buntings!

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:17:51 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi Jon;

At 08:08 AM 27/04/2009, you wrote:
>The four originals have been joined by another male! I couldn't
>believe my eyes when I looked out the window at about 7:45 this
>morning (Monday). A few minutes earlier I spotted two on the ground
>near the feeder. Next time I checked there were five ... no
>possibility of confusion...they were all on the ground within a
>three foot circle!!! along with a couple of whitethroats. I thought
>these guys were supposed to be migrating through?????

I was the one who sent Margo down to see your buntings, and I've been
forwarding your reports to the Nova Scotia Rare Bird Alert.   But it
occurs to me that, if you were a member of the NS-RBA, you could send
the reports directly, as well as be aware of all the similar
sightings that are occurring across the province.

Here is the web site describing the Rare Bird Alert.

Let me know if you'd like to join.

Cheers,

Blake

Blake Maybank