[NatureNS] Black-necked Stilts still in Liverpool

From: "DPoole" <dpoolex@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:03:54 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C9C50F.697C60B0

The best time for seeing these birds is low tide. I have gone to the =
lagoon several times and not seen them but then the tide was higher than =
today. I was there about 2:00 which was a pretty low tide. I did not see =
them at first but as I walked out a trail that parallels the lagoon they =
flew out from an inlet that was not visible from the hill which =
overlooks the lagoon. This area is the across from the Hank Snow museum. =
You head towards a grove of Pines and park and then head up a small =
hill. Also of note, Peter Davies had three Blue Grosbeaks in his yard =
today - 2 males and a female. There is (was?)   a Great Egret seen at =
Beach Meadows and at the 'T' junction in West Berlin that heads towards =
Port Meadway.=20

Dorothy Poole
------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C9C50F.697C60B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The best time for seeing these birds is =
low tide. I=20
have gone to the lagoon several times and not seen them but then the =
tide was=20
higher than today. I was there about 2:00 which was a pretty low tide. I =
did not=20
see them at first but as I walked out a trail that parallels the lagoon =
they=20
flew out from an inlet that was not visible from the hill which =
overlooks the=20
lagoon. This area is the across from the Hank Snow museum. You head =
towards a=20
grove of Pines and park and then head up a small hill. Also of note, =
Peter=20
Davies had three Blue Grosbeaks in his yard today - 2 males and a =
female. There=20
is (was?)&nbsp;&nbsp; a Great Egret seen at Beach Meadows and at the 'T' =

junction in West Berlin that heads towards Port Meadway. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dorothy =
Poole</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C9C50F.697C60B0--