[NatureNS] Hartlen Point Snowy Owl April 15

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:46:22 -0300

I just got back from an evening visit to Hartlen Point.
The/A snowy owl was hanging around the shore line between the point and
Back cove. So far the best look I got a one this winter season.

Lots of Eiders courting just off the beach. Lots of hooting and wooping with
the males trying to look their best.

Songbirdwise it was quiet, partly for sure because I was focussed on the
Snowy Owl.  No sign of the/a tanager down in Back Cove, doesn't came as
a surprise since we learned of the fait of one bird.  I just mention this
because on the weekend we had the impression that there were possibly
two individuals present. Looking on photos taken by different hunting parties
the impression was that the photographed birds displayed different amount
of dark on the wings.

Good evening to be out!

Cheers

Ulli