[NatureNS] Hartlen's Point Summer Tanager

From: Shawn Miner <shawn.miner@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:20:25 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hello,

I am very sad to report that Jim Goltz and I found an adult male
Summer Tanager dead at Hartlen's Point around 11:00 am today.  It was
a very cold and damp morning.  JIm Goltz and I had observed the bird
yesterday afternoon, when it seemed to be sheltering itself from the
heavy rain under a long log on the cobbled beach, not far from the
lobster pots.  Yesterday, there was a lot more bird activity with
numerous Robins, American Pipits, Song Sparrows, and an Ipswich
Sparrow in the area.

Shawn Miner