[NatureNS] Great Egret

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:14:55 +0000

--_011c96ce-216a-425e-bf04-cbbd1344a4ea_

The great egret was present late morning today at Back Oler Farm Marsh in G=
arden Lots. =20

=20

At this point the bird that was at Second Peninsula will have to remain a m=
ystery.  I went searching for it in the rain=2C but was unsuccessful.  I've=
 advised the person who told me about this bird to let me know if it return=
s.  It is a flycatcher=2C an all blue bird and it is not an Indigo bunting.=
  It would not be a grackle as the person knows that species.  When he says=
 there is something strange there it is something different.  The bird is a=
 ground feeder=2C but likes to sit on hay bails and fly off of them.  It ha=
s a tail that it wags when sitting.  A kingbird comes to mind from this des=
cription=2C or an eastern bluebird.  We shall have to see or might never kn=
ow.

=20

Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Peninsula had a barn swallow yesterday.  Ken Mor=
rison of Broad Cove saw an American Tree Swallow the day before.

=20

I've been sent pictures of another indigo bunting.  I still need to find ou=
t the locality.  It is from a person who sent me emails before=2C but I get=
 so many=2C that I sometimes forget where people live.  Anyhow=2C the bird =
in the picture appears to be a young male which is just getting adult pluma=
ge.  There are a lot of missing blue spots on the bird.

=20

James R. Hirtle

East LaHave

Experience all of the new features=2C and Reconnect with your life.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9650730=

--_011c96ce-216a-425e-bf04-cbbd1344a4ea_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
The great egret was present late morning today at Back Oler Farm Marsh in G=
arden Lots.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At this point the bird that was at Second Peninsula will have to remain a m=
ystery.&nbsp=3B I went searching for it in the rain=2C but was unsuccessful=
.&nbsp=3B I've advised the person who told me about this bird to let me kno=
w if it returns.&nbsp=3B It is a flycatcher=2C an all blue bird and it is n=
ot an Indigo bunting.&nbsp=3B It would not be a grackle as the person knows=
 that species.&nbsp=3B When he says there is something strange there it is =
something different.&nbsp=3B The bird is a ground feeder=2C but likes to si=
t on hay bails and fly off of them.&nbsp=3B It has a tail that it wags when=
 sitting.&nbsp=3B A kingbird comes to mind from this description=2C or an e=
astern bluebird.&nbsp=3B We shall have to see or might never know.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Peninsula had a barn swallow yesterday.&nbsp=3B =
Ken Morrison of Broad Cove saw an American Tree Swallow the day before.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I've been sent pictures of another indigo bunting.&nbsp=3B I still need to =
find out the locality.&nbsp=3B It is from a person who sent me emails befor=
e=2C but I get so many=2C that I sometimes forget where people live.&nbsp=
=3B Anyhow=2C the bird in the picture appears to be a young male which is j=
ust getting adult plumage.&nbsp=3B There are a lot of missing blue spots on=
 the bird.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR><br /><hr />Tell the whole story with photos=2C right from y=
our Messenger window. <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9650732'=
 target=3D'_new'>Learn how!</a></body>

--_011c96ce-216a-425e-bf04-cbbd1344a4ea_--