[NatureNS] Ipswich Sparrows(24++)

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:12:07 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_xdHjDOQK5QFhc1Gmv9eHCw)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:11 PM
Subject: Ipswich Sparrows(24++)

I took a stroll on Martinique Beach this morning.  The sea was running high and rough causing me to leap onto the beach ridge a number of times to avoid getting wet.  A couple of dozen Ipswich Sparrows were foraging along the narrow band of sand and weeds that were being washed by the surf, mostly beyond the first headland and the eastern end of the beach .   In my experience the best way to photograph these birds is to find their feeding frenzy location, pick a good log to sit on, and wait for them to walk by.  There was no opportunity for that strategy today due to the weather and the scattered birds.  The photos I did get were severely cropped. This is usual it seems for passerines.

Here's four photos:

http://www.pbase.com/snahmoot/image/111097577
_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_xdHjDOQK5QFhc1Gmv9eHCw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:11 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Ipswich Sparrows(24++)</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I took a stroll on Martinique Beach this
morning.&nbsp; The sea was running high and rough causing me to leap onto the
beach ridge a number of times to avoid getting wet.&nbsp; A couple of dozen
<STRONG>Ipswich Sparrows</STRONG> were foraging along the narrow band of sand
and weeds that were being washed by the surf, mostly beyond the first headland
and the eastern end of the beach .&nbsp;&nbsp; In my experience the best way to
photograph these birds is to find their feeding frenzy location, pick a good log
to sit on, and wait for them to walk by.&nbsp; There was no opportunity for that
strategy today due to the weather and the scattered birds.&nbsp; The photos I
did get were severely cropped. This is usual it seems for
passerines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Here's four photos:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
href="http://www.pbase.com/snahmoot/image/111097577">http://www.pbase.com/snahmoot/image/111097577</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_xdHjDOQK5QFhc1Gmv9eHCw)--