[NatureNS] (BNS) Winter solstice hike on Sunday

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:43:18 -0400
From: Angela Joudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_CA0gFLqK42tFev9wyutEYA)

Does anyone know if with the storm warnings on, and the times for the
weather changed to beginning in the afternoon, will this event still
be taking place?

Thanks,

Angela

--

Angela Joudrey
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca

--Boundary_(ID_CA0gFLqK42tFev9wyutEYA)

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: [NatureNS] (BNS) Winter solstice hike on
the weather changed to beginning in the afternoon, will this event
still be taking place?</div>
Solstice Family Frolic. We invite everyone to welcome the winter
season and continue the 5001year tradition of celebrating the return
of the Sun after the longest night of the year. We will meet around a
roaring bonfire at Noggin's Corner Farm and set off for a hike
through the centuries-old pine and hemlock forest. We will pass an
18th century Acadian cellar, Poor House graveyard and a huge bald
eagle nest. We will look for tracks and signs of wildlife, call for
owls in the deep woods, and view the stars from the dykes (weather
permitting). We will make our way back to the bonfire for hot apple
cider and share a toast to a winter season full of light and good
cheer to all. Charlane Bishop (542-2217) and Harold Forsyth
(542-5983) will be the leaders. Meet at Noggin's Corner Farm in
Greenwich at 6:30 p.m.<br>
Kelly</font><br>
Town Road</font><br>
NS&nbsp;&nbsp;B0P 1L0</font><br>
472-2322</font></blockquote>

Angela Joudrey<br>
aljoudrey@eastlink.ca<br>

--Boundary_(ID_CA0gFLqK42tFev9wyutEYA)--