[NatureNS] American Bittern

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 03:47:48 +0000

--_fccc88f1-4850-4864-a173-c1306dbc3c2f_

David Walmark found an American Bittern at Hirtle's Pond in Kingsburg this =
morning.
=20
He and I were going to go on the bird outing tomorrow=2C but David who was =
going to drive bailed out at the last minute.  I was still planning to go a=
nd then sprained my foot somehow.  Just one of those things where one is wa=
lking along normally and than a shooting pain goes through the entire foot.=
  I have a gut feeling=2C call it precognition or whatever.  I shall theref=
ore stay close to home and do some birding there.  It's one of those things=
 that shout at you that you should not venture to a certain destination on =
a certain day.  I was looking forward to the field trip=2C but will go with=
 my instincts as forerunners and precognition run in the family.  Weird I k=
now=2C but I've seen to many unexplained things that I've documented over t=
he years not to take warning.
=20
Other birds of note.  Yesterday there were a lot of hawks on the move even =
though the winds were heavy.  I saw red-tailed hawks at a number of locatio=
ns along the wooded edges of the LaHave River.  A number of bald eagles wer=
e also active.  There was a Red-tailed hawk perched in the usual location a=
t Rhodes Corner=2C overlooking a pond and farm there today.  A fair number =
of hooded mergansers were on the Spectacle Lakes at Rhodes Corner as I drov=
e by.
=20
A lot of dark-eyed juncos arrived under my feeder yesterday.   During the p=
ast week numbers went from the usual two to three=2C to six and up to 16.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave
 =20

--_fccc88f1-4850-4864-a173-c1306dbc3c2f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
David Walmark found an American Bittern at Hirtle's Pond in Kingsburg this =
morning.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
He&nbsp=3Band I were going to go on the bird outing tomorrow=2C but David w=
ho was going to drive bailed out at the last minute.&nbsp=3B I was still pl=
anning to go and then sprained my foot somehow.&nbsp=3B Just one of those t=
hings where one is walking along normally and than a shooting pain goes thr=
ough the entire foot.&nbsp=3B I have a gut feeling=2C call it precognition =
or whatever.&nbsp=3B I shall therefore&nbsp=3Bstay close to home and do som=
e birding there.&nbsp=3B It's one of those things that shout at you that&nb=
sp=3Byou should not venture to a certain destination on a certain day.&nbsp=
=3B&nbsp=3BI was looking forward to the field trip=2C but&nbsp=3Bwill go wi=
th my instincts as forerunners and precognition run in the family.&nbsp=3B =
Weird I know=2C but I've seen to many unexplained things that I've document=
ed over the years not to take warning.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Other birds of note.&nbsp=3B Yesterday there were a lot of hawks on the mov=
e even though the winds were heavy.&nbsp=3B I saw red-tailed hawks at a num=
ber of locations along the wooded edges of the LaHave River.&nbsp=3B A numb=
er of bald eagles were also active.&nbsp=3B There was a Red-tailed hawk&nbs=
p=3Bperched in the usual location at Rhodes Corner=2C overlooking a pond an=
d farm there today.&nbsp=3B A fair number of hooded mergansers were on the =
Spectacle Lakes at Rhodes Corner as I drove by.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
A&nbsp=3Blot of dark-eyed juncos arrived under my feeder yesterday.&nbsp=3B=
&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BDuring the past week numbers&nbsp=3Bwent from the usual two=
 to three=2C to six and up to 16.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR>

--_fccc88f1-4850-4864-a173-c1306dbc3c2f_--