[NatureNS] RE: Your mystery feeder bird

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:03:45 -0400

Your description sounds like you are dealing with  female and male red wing
blackbirds. They tend around here to be mixed in with flocks of grackles - I
see flocks often, but not at the feeder yet. Give them a little snow and we
will have them close enough to tell the difference. If you see what looks
like a female with a red spot on the shoulder it is probably an immature
bird.

Roland.