[NatureNS] Grounded Crow

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:17:56 EST
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

-------------------------------1226945876

Between exits 5 and 6 on the 103 about 1/4 mile West of the Ingram river
there is a crow with a broken wing. I have seen it from time to time over a
three week period feeding at the side of the road. It seems to be doing OK but
probably won't survive the harsher weather or predators over time. Today I
stopped to see if there was a possibility of catching it but even with a  trailing
wing it was much quicker than an old guy with two knee replacements. If  it
starts to slow down a bit someone might be able to catch it for rehab.
Peter Stow
Hubbards

-------------------------------1226945876

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16757" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV>Between exits 5 and 6 on the 103 about 1/4 mile West of the Ingram rive=
r=20
there is a crow with a broken wing. I have seen it from time to time over a=20
three week period feeding at the side of the road. It seems to be doing OK b=
ut=20
probably won't survive the harsher weather or predators over time. Today I=20
stopped to see if there was a possibility of catching it but even with a=20
trailing wing it was much quicker than an old guy with two knee replacements=
. If=20
it starts to slow down a bit someone might be able to catch it for rehab.</D=

<DIV>Peter Stow</DIV>
<DIV>Hubbards</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>