[NatureNS] Leucistic traits

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 21:00:58 +0000

--_dc184038-0596-4768-8dfe-9b562c0b7a9a_

Hi all:
=20
There seems to be a record of abnormally high Leucistic traits in the area =
where this email came from.  The location of the reportee is quite near the=
 Whynott's Settlement Recycling location=2C which is still the site of the =
dump for the municipality of Lunenburg.  Just as a possibility do you think=
 this has any significance or bearing on the number of birds and animals wi=
th Leucistic traits?  I did not think about this possibility before putting=
 the posting on here.  Any other ideas of other possible reasons for such a=
 high indicy would be appreciated also.  See the original email to me below=
.  Thanks as always.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave

Hi=2C I had the pleasure of watching an adult and a young Bald Eagle soarin=
g over the house for about an hour on Tues. I love watching them. I saw a R=
uffed Grouse at the end of the driveway and it had quite a bit of white dow=
n it's sides. I've got a paler than usual Evening Grosbeak. It doesn't stic=
k around when it hears the door open so I haven't been able to get a pic. I=
 had a few squirrels here with white or white-tipped tails too. Could there=
 be something here they're eating to cause paleness and white on them? It's=
 interesting. Talk later=2C Mandy.=20

--_dc184038-0596-4768-8dfe-9b562c0b7a9a_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
There seems to be a record of abnormally high Leucistic traits in the area =
where this email came from.&nbsp=3B The location of the reportee is quite n=
ear the Whynott's Settlement Recycling location=2C which is still the site =
of the dump for the municipality of Lunenburg.&nbsp=3B Just as a possibilit=
y do you think this has any significance or bearing on the number of birds =
and animals with Leucistic traits?&nbsp=3B I did not think about this possi=
bility before putting the posting on here.&nbsp=3B Any other ideas of other=
 possible reasons for such a high indicy would be appreciated also.&nbsp=3B=
 See the original email to me below.&nbsp=3B Thanks as always.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR><BR><BR>

<HR id=3DstopSpelling>
<BR>
<BR><BR>
<STYLE>
</STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi=2C I had the pleasure of watching an adult and a=
 young Bald Eagle soaring over the house for about an hour on Tues. I love =
watching them. I saw a Ruffed Grouse at the end of the driveway and it had =
quite a bit of white down it's sides. I've got a paler than usual Evening G=
rosbeak. It doesn't stick around when it hears the door open so I haven't b=
een able to get a pic. I had a few squirrels here with white or white-tippe=
d tails too. Could there be something here they're eating to cause&nbsp=3Bp=
aleness and white on them? It's interesting. Talk later=2C Mandy.&nbsp=3B</=
FONT></DIV><br /><hr />Messenger wants to send you on a trip. <a href=3D'ht=
tp://www.messengerbuddies.ca/?ocid=3DBUDDYOMATICENCA21' target=3D'_new'>Ent=
er today.</a></body>

--_dc184038-0596-4768-8dfe-9b562c0b7a9a_--