[NatureNS] Plant ID book was "New York Aster flowers?"

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:24:58 -0400
From: "Laviolette, Lance (EXP)" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Steve Shaw wrote:

> Nobody suggested what would be a good Eastern N. America
> plant ID book to buy, with lots of colour pictures.  Any
> recommendations?

Steve, as a casual botanist such as yourself, the two books that I use
that fit your description are the following:

- "A Field Guide to Wildflowers : Northeastern and North-Central North
America (Peterson Field Guides) by Margaret McKenny (Author), Roger Tory
Peterson (Illustrator, Series Editor)
- Newcomb's Wildflower Guide by Lawrence Newcomb (Author), Gordon
Morrison (illustrator)

Both should be readily available.

All the best,

Lance