[NatureNS] Teals

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 03:18:52 +0000

--_f7cb9f84-cfac-425a-9f5a-f2280401ae93_

A birding friend commented to me when we were at Broad Cove yesterday that =
we would always see four teal there.  I was puzzled by this comment I must =
say until he explained to me the reasoning behind this statement.  I natura=
lly was thinking along the line of birds.  Well it turns out that for you g=
eneology buffs out there=2C four tombstones exist in the cemetary with Teal=
 on them=2C three of which have the spelling Teel.  Therefore=2C somewhere =
along the line the name changed.  My friend therefore was correct but using=
 a morbid sense of humor.  Anyhow=2C it is interesting what one picks up fr=
om a day in the field birding and now I'm curious as I've never seen Teal a=
s a last name before.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave

--_f7cb9f84-cfac-425a-9f5a-f2280401ae93_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
A birding friend commented to me when we were at Broad Cove yesterday that =
we would always see four teal there.&nbsp=3B I was puzzled by this comment =
I must say until he explained to me the reasoning behind this statement.&nb=
sp=3B I naturally was thinking along the line of birds.&nbsp=3B Well it tur=
ns out that for you geneology buffs out there=2C four tombstones exist in t=
he cemetary with Teal on them=2C three of which have the spelling Teel.&nbs=
p=3B Therefore=2C somewhere along the line the name changed.&nbsp=3B My fri=
end therefore was correct but using a morbid sense of humor.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=
=2C it is interesting what one picks up from a day in the field birding and=
 now I'm curious as I've never seen Teal as a last name before.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR><br /><hr />Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos wi=
th bigger attachments. Click here to find out how <a href=3D'http://get.liv=
e.com/en-ca/mailplus/features' target=3D'_new'>Click here to find out how</=
a></body>

--_f7cb9f84-cfac-425a-9f5a-f2280401ae93_--