[NatureNS] Nova Scotia's nature and the federal election

From: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:21:21 -0300

--_36b59c37-feec-412d-9e4a-fbdf35bc2879_

Hello folks=2C=20
=20
   While most of us would agree with Blake that a Harper majority would be =
a disaster for Canada=2C I would hope that most would vote for the party th=
at has the best understanding of=2C and solutions for=2C environmental issu=
es=2C unless you are in a constituency where there is a real danger that th=
e regressive conservatives might eke out a narrow victory.  This idea of ex=
changing votes strategically may have merit=2C but it depends on complete t=
rust between the persons doing the exchange and so is subject to abuse=2C a=
s well as to wrong guesses as to which party would have the best chance of =
an upset. =20
=20
   At the risk of sounding political (I have not yet decided whom to vote f=
or)=2C I am envious of the residents of Central Nova=2C who not only have a=
 chance to elect the leader best informed on environmental issues (and the =
only female)=2C but to defeat Peter MacKayavelli=2C who is an embarrassment=
 to Canadians still best known for his betrayal of the PCs by breaking the =
promise that he gave in writing to get the leadership of the party.  No won=
der that he couldn't understand what all the fuss was about when Harper dec=
ided that the government should disregard (or break) the Atlantic Accords. =
 We can only hope that enough of the voters there will think carefully=2C i=
nstead of just voting for a favorite son of a favorite son.
    Think Green!
Wayne Neily Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia "Think globally=2C Act loca=
lly." - Ren=E9 Dubos=2C 1972.=20

Date: Wed=2C 1 Oct 2008 07:59:01 -0300To: naturens@chebucto.ns.caFrom: mayb=
ank@ns.sympatico.caSubject: [NatureNS] Nova Scotia's nature and the federal=
 electionHi All=3BI care deeply for the nature of Nova Scotia=2C and the en=
vironment of the world.  Consequently=2C it is necessary to get political a=
t times.   This is one of those times.I shudder at the thought of Harper ac=
hieving a majority government.  The environment=2C our culture=2C and our s=
ociety will suffer.  But how can we make our anti-Harper votes count?   For=
tunately=2C voting strategically is now much easier. Go to:www.voteforenvir=
onment.comIt is a remarkable website that is tracking every riding in the c=
ountry=2C and making up-to-the-minute suggestions on how best to fight Harp=
er. And afterwards=2C I urge you to contact your friends=2C family=2C colle=
agues=2C and everyone on your e-mail list=2C and let them know about this w=
eb site.  If we can affect the results in some key ridings=2C who knows wha=
t might happen?   Our environment and our society deserve our support.  Res=
pectfully=2CBlake MaybankWhite's Lake=2C NSmaybank@ns.sympatico.ca

--_36b59c37-feec-412d-9e4a-fbdf35bc2879_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hello folks=2C <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B While most of us would agree with Blake that a Harper majo=
rity would be a disaster for Canada=2C I would hope that most would vote fo=
r the party that has the best understanding of=2C and solutions for=2C&nbsp=
=3Benvironmental issues=2C unless you are in a constituency where there is =
a real danger that the regressive conservatives might eke out a narrow vict=
ory.&nbsp=3B This idea of exchanging votes strategically may have merit=2C =
but it depends on complete trust between the persons doing the exchange and=
 so is subject to abuse=2C as well as to wrong guesses as to which party wo=
uld have the best chance of an upset.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BAt the risk of sounding political (I have not yet d=
ecided whom to vote for)=2C I am&nbsp=3Benvious of the residents of Central=
 Nova=2C who not only have a chance to elect the leader&nbsp=3Bbest informe=
d on environmental issues (and the only female)=2C but to defeat Peter MacK=
ayavelli=2C who is an embarrassment to Canadians still best known&nbsp=3Bfo=
r his betrayal of the PCs by breaking the promise that he gave in writing t=
o get the leadership of the party.&nbsp=3B No wonder that he couldn't under=
stand what all the fuss was about when Harper decided that the government s=
hould disregard (or break) the Atlantic Accords.&nbsp=3B We can only hope t=
hat enough of the voters there will think carefully=2C instead of just voti=
ng for a favorite son of a favorite son.<BR>
<BR>&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B <FONT color=3D#008000 size=3D3>Think Green!</F=
ONT><BR><BR>
<DIV>Wayne Neily <BR>Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia <BR><BR>"Think glo=
bally=2C Act locally." - Ren=E9 Dubos=2C 1972. <BR></DIV><BR><BR>
<HR>
Date: Wed=2C 1 Oct 2008 07:59:01 -0300<BR>To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca<BR>Fr=
om: maybank@ns.sympatico.ca<BR>Subject: [NatureNS] Nova Scotia's nature and=
 the federal election<BR><BR>Hi All=3B<BR><BR>I care deeply for the nature =
of Nova Scotia=2C and the environment of the world.&nbsp=3B Consequently=2C=
 it is necessary to get political at times.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B This is one of =
those times.<BR><BR>I shudder at the thought of Harper achieving a majority=
 government.&nbsp=3B The environment=2C our culture=2C and our society will=
 suffer.&nbsp=3B But how can we make our anti-Harper votes count?&nbsp=3B&n=
bsp=3B Fortunately=2C voting strategically is now much easier. Go to:<BR><B=
R><A href=3D"http://www.voteforenvironment.com/" target=3D_blank>www.votefo=
renvironment.com</A><BR><BR>It is a remarkable website that is tracking eve=
ry riding in the country=2C and making up-to-the-minute suggestions on how =
best to fight Harper. <BR><BR>And afterwards=2C I urge you to contact your =
friends=2C family=2C colleagues=2C and everyone on your e-mail list=2C and =
let them know about this web site.&nbsp=3B If we can affect the results in =
some key ridings=2C who knows what might happen?&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B Our enviro=
nment and our society deserve our support.&nbsp=3B <BR><BR>Respectfully=2C<=
BR><BR>Blake Maybank<BR>White's Lake=2C NS<BR>maybank@ns.sympatico.ca<BR><b=
r /><hr />Get your information fix on your phone. With MSN Mobile you get r=
egular news=2C sports and =A0finance updates. <a href=3D'http://www.msnmobi=
le.ca' target=3D'_new'>Try it today!</a></body>

--_36b59c37-feec-412d-9e4a-fbdf35bc2879_--