[NatureNS] Nitrogen mineralization

From: "John Sollows" <nhungjohn@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:43:54 -0300

To:  David and all

From:  John Sollows

date:  Sept. 13/08

Our garden, down Yarmouth way, was fertilized with mink compost (Great
stuff! Spectacle Lake!) for the second year in a row.  Our broccoli plants
are enormous, but with late ansd so far very small heads.  First carrot crop
(planted end of May) is normal, but those planted nearly amonth later have
respectable heads but wee roots.  Don't know to what I can attribute these
pheniomena, which were not present in last year's equally well-fertilized
garden.