[NatureNS] Red-necked Stint

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Clarence Stevens <birder_ca@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Uli, Hi All, Yes most definitely two birds. And if it wasn’t for the Curlew Sandpiper flying towards where the Red-necked Stint was, we certainly would of missed it.  I should also note that during the time we were there many shorebirds were exiting the upper reaches of the West Chezzetcook Marsh as the tide rose up and flooded out the various feeding spots.  So on a different tide the West Chezzetcook Marsh is a very good location to look for either species.  - Cheers, Clarence