[NatureNS] Hummingbirds on a whale watch

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:19:07 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Speaking of Hummingbirds, is their unusual abundance this summer limited
to NS, areas of unusually high rainfall or throughout their breeding
range ? Was there a higher than normal number of adults, better survival
of young or both ? Perhaps it it too early for this to have been sorted
out. I saw Hummers 4 (3?) times this summer apparently working upper new
growth of a White Ash tree that also had many small early instar hoppers
of some kind at this same time. They look like highly ornamented walking
isosceles pyramids from a Disney bug movie and had a tendency to fall
and land on a white plastic table.
Yt, DW, Kentville