[NatureNS] Newly Fledged Barn Swallows

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:58:41 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

That is interesting as the past two weeks I have seen there are two new lots
of fledges here in my neighbourhoods. The first for this year were out on my
barn roof on July 1st. There was  a big outdoor party and lots of people and
all the swallows come too and harvested  the mosquitoes we were drawing in!
swinging up to feed 5 chicks on the roof then back out with the tree
swallows who were feeding young in the house. I am wondering if there was a
renest or two to have young this late. Will they bring off two successful
nesting
s?
Addition, I have seen a bat twice this week right here in my yard. Only one
each time sadly. Better than none but I want more.
Marg Millard,
 White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca