[NatureNS] hummers

Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 15:10:47 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hello there. I too have more hummingbirds than I have ever had before. I
have strange males coming in now and still one family to come away from the
nest I think. I upped my sugar syrup this past Friday to a mix between 1:3
and 1:4. I wanted to see if it would cut down on the friction at the
feeders. Things are getting really excited. The first day there were up to
four birds and a couple waiting at the ports but now today we are back to
shrieking and stabbing.
Things might be a bit upset as our big apple tree out back decided to break
apart this morning and I know there were birds using that branch for
shelter........maybe as we clean up, I will find remnants of a nest.
Marg in White Point, Queens.
http://margmillard.ca