[NatureNS] Re: Clark's Harbour

From: <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 7:19:11 -0400

Hi Roland- I believe the name was spelled Clerk's Island and referred to a clerk ( Archealus Smith, perhaps?)but the English  pronunciation of clerk inflenced the spelling change to Clark's Harbour. I think this may be in Crowell's History. Whichever, I wish I were on CSI birding on thi8s beautiful day! Cheers, Joan