[NatureNS] ticks Lyme Disease

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:38:15 -0300

After reading all of the e-mails concerning wood ticks I would like to add
that if you have been birding in wood tick country you should check your
body each night to make certain there are no ticks there. I was surprised
that no one noted that the ticks will give you at least ten hours before
they start trying to get at your blood - perhaps everyone knows that, or
perhaps there are other types of ticks that do not act like our common
woodticks.
        What is the record for the most ticks in one day?  A few years ago I
went trout fishing - I pulled wool socks up over my pant legs - no rubber
boots - and picked up 43 ticks in one afternoon.

Roland  (Barrington)