[NatureNS] Ring-necked Pheasant

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:37:56 -0300
From: "Suzanne Townsend" <suzanne.townsend@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_18363_31430506.1214228276889

Boutilier's Point has had many pheasants ever since I moved here twelve
years ago, and neighbors tell me for many more before that. Many of us put
cracked corn and they do make those feeding spots regular stops on their
rounds.

This year a few times I've followed a strange buzzing sound to find two
males squaring off. They can't seem to leave each other alone.

Haven't seen any young ones yet though.