[NatureNS] a few things

From: "joan waldron" <waldrojo@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:18:26 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C8CE53.6C191650

I joined Patrick Kelly on his fieldtrip along the River Hebert rail trail
this morning. The habitat is wonderful but because of the high winds we had
many heard only birds.  Bernard Forsythe, who was  part of the group ( lucky
us) reminded me that there was an open house at Cyril Coldwells house in
Gaspereaux to have a look at his mounted specimens collections for the last
time before they go to the newly created Cyril Coldwell Room at Acadia. So
that's where I went.   Specimens in the hand, in our binoculars and mounted,
present such wonderful and very different looks at birds.  I hope that when
this fabulous collection is finally on display at Acadia we can have a
'field trip,' there were a couple I couldn't identify for sure.   While I
was waiting for Pats field trip to start I read todays  Globe&Mail. There is
a very interesting article on Amphibians and what's happening to them. I
couldn't figure how to forward it to naturens so check it out. It's in the
newspaper version under science.

Thanks to Cyril Coldwell's family for their hospitality

Joan W

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C8CE53.6C191650

xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"place"/>
<!--[if !mso]>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
<![endif]-->
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:
14.0pt'>I joined Patrick Kelly on his fieldtrip along the River Hebert =
rail
trail this morning. The habitat is wonderful but because of the high =
winds we
had many heard only birds.&nbsp; Bernard Forsythe, who was &nbsp;part of =
the
group ( lucky us) reminded me that there was an open house at Cyril =
Coldwells
house in Gaspereaux to have a look at his mounted specimens collections =
for the
last time before they go to the newly created Cyril Coldwell Room at =
Acadia. So
that&#8217;s where I went.&nbsp;&nbsp; Specimens in the hand, in our =
binoculars
and mounted, present such wonderful and very different looks at birds. =
&nbsp;I
hope that when this fabulous collection is finally on display at =
<st1:place
w:st=3D"on">Acadia</st1:place> we can have a &#8216;field trip,&#8217; =
there were
a couple I couldn&#8217;t identify for sure.&nbsp;&nbsp; While I was =
waiting
for Pats field trip to start I read todays &nbsp;Globe&amp;Mail. There =
is a
very interesting article on Amphibians and what&#8217;s happening to =
them. I couldn&#8217;t
figure how to forward it to naturens so check it out. It&#8217;s in the

style=3D'font-size:
14.0pt'>Thanks to Cyril Coldwell&#8217;s family for their =

style=3D'font-size:

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C8CE53.6C191650--