[NatureNS] Palmeter Park

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:29:38 -0300

I remember my first reactions when I saw the sign a few years ago and
wondered. Some birders reassured me that it was OK as long as it is a
walker, birder, or naturalist.   One day, I found and admired a beautiful
male Scarlet Tanager only to be interrupted by three ATV users waiting for
me to move aside!!    I thought: what are they doing there??  The paths were
amazing and easy walking, no worries about tripping over exposed roots,
etc...  Cheers, liz