[NatureNS] evening on the water

To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Lynn Ellis <lynn.ellis@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:00:26 -0300

I spent last evening in a chair with a view of my cove on the Mira. A
lovely Loon kept me entertained with his feeding and diving and a
Belted Kingfisher rattled up and down the calm water making noisy
splashes as he dove in for a fish. Then a mother Ringneck with her 4
new fluffy babies hurried up the cove and settled into a clump of
grass for the night almost completely out of sight. Over head four RT
competed for a place on the feeder.

Lynn Ellis

Albert Bridge (Mira River)