[NatureNS] Looking for help identifying a bug

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:14:05 -0300
From: "Suzanne Townsend" <suzanne.townsend@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_3391_4899382.1212416045172

Randy and Jeannie, you must both be right (and I was wrong, it does not move
sideways, it just looked like it through a good magnifying lens). After
comparing it to the image you sent and others of these guys via google, yes,
it must be that. Thanks a million!

... A *pseudoscorpion*, (also known as a *false scorpion* or *book scorpion*),
is an arachnid <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnid> belonging to the
order *Pseudoscorpionida*, also known as Pseudoscorpiones or Chelonethida.
... Pseudoscorpions are generally beneficial to humans since they prey
on clothes
moth <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moth> larvae, carpet
beetle<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_beetle>larvae,
booklice <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psocoptera>,
ants<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant>,
mites <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mite>, and small
flies<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diptera>.
They are small and inoffensive, and are rarely seen due to their size.