[NatureNS] Looking for help identifying a bug

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:58:31 -0600
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_4102_5069415.1212415111108

One of the more common really weird "bugs" brought in to me is the
pseudoscorpion. I don't recall them walking sideways though, but to be
honest, haven't made a point of watching them or looking them up. Check out
this photo for one of the species:
http://www.marietta.edu/~biol/biomes/images/deciduous/pseudoscorpion_6675.jpg

Randy

2008/6/2 Suzanne Townsend <suzanne.townsend@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> My son found a bug in the basement that I've never seen before. It is the
> size of a tick, shaped like a tick, but moves sideways and has long
> claw-like appendages in front, it could be the 2 front legs or maybe
> antennae -- it's so small I can't make out the details. It definitely moves
> sideways though! Does this sound like anything anyone here has heard of?
>
> Suzanne, Boutiliers Pt

Randy
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

------=_Part_4102_5069415.1212415111108

One of the more common really weird &quot;bugs&quot; brought in to me is the pseudoscorpion. I don&#39;t recall them walking sideways though, but to be honest, haven&#39;t made a point of watching them or looking them up. Check out this photo for one of the species: http://www.marietta.edu/~biol/biomes/images/deciduous/pseudoscorpion_6675.jpg<br>

------=_Part_4102_5069415.1212415111108--