Ticks & Antlions: was Re: [NatureNS] re your ticks, was Buprestid, Goldthread & ticks

Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:30:17 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jim & Andrew,            May 28, 2008
   Thanks for the advice. I took them in to Natural Resources and was
assured that all were American Dog Tick. There turned out to be a third.
After having searched myself twice last evening I found one on my leg
this morning.

    A while back someone got upset by a fly in their bottled water. I
wonder what the reaction to a cupfull of ticks in a sleeping bag would be ?

    While cutting westward down the bank to Brooklyn St., from the west
side of the Hospital heliopad, I noticed a dozen or so Antlion cones, on
the highway cut just under a lip of overhanging root/sod.

Yt, DW, Kentville