[NatureNS] Brier island Birds

From: "Carl Haycock" <foggy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:46:09 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C8B6AB.2D1569A0

Another really good migration today. The pesky northeast wind probably =
made them stopover. I was lucky to be home. Lots of warblers and =
sparrows. Yards and trees full of birds. You could even hear them =
chitting and see them flying overhead for hours midday if you took =
notice.  Highights without looking too hard were at least a dozen (noisy =
but) cheerful Bobolinks, 2 Indigo Buntings,  Am. Redstarts, B&W, =
Blackburnian, Black throated Green (lots), Black throated Blue, =
Blackpoll, Yellow, Yellow rumped, Parula, Nashville,(and probably a few =
other warbler species but my eyes were getting tired trying to chase =
them. They were very busy!) Lots of Savannah(many), White Crowned, White =
throated,Song sparrows. A few RB and Evening Grosbeaks. Blue headed =
Vireo.

Yesterday on the water I saw my 1st Leaches Storm Petrel of the spring.
There are a few Sooty shearwaters and N. Fulmars and lots of migrating =
Gannets. Puffins are looking very bright. The last two weeks there has =
been quite a loon migration 80 meters overhead. Hard to identify which. =
Mostly Common I suspect but I think a few were Red Throated as there =
flight (wingbeat) is different than Common.=20
FYI

Carl

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C8B6AB.2D1569A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Another really good migration today. =
The pesky=20
northeast wind probably made them stopover. I was lucky to be home. Lots =
of=20
warblers and sparrows.&nbsp;Yards and trees full of birds. You could =
even hear=20
them chitting and see them flying overhead for hours midday if you took=20
notice.&nbsp; Highights without looking too hard were at least a dozen =
(noisy=20
but) cheerful Bobolinks, 2 Indigo Buntings, &nbsp;Am. Redstarts, =
B&amp;W,=20
Blackburnian, Black throated Green (lots), Black throated Blue, =
Blackpoll,=20
Yellow, Yellow rumped, Parula, Nashville,(and probably a few other =
warbler=20
species but my eyes were getting tired trying to&nbsp;chase them. They =
were very=20
busy!)&nbsp;Lots of Savannah(many), White Crowned, White throated,Song =
sparrows.=20
A few RB and Evening Grosbeaks. Blue headed Vireo.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yesterday on the water I saw&nbsp;my =
1st Leaches=20
Storm Petrel of the&nbsp;spring.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There are a&nbsp;few Sooty shearwaters =
and N.=20
Fulmars and lots of migrating Gannets. Puffins are looking very bright. =
The last=20
two weeks there has been quite a loon migration&nbsp;80 =
meters&nbsp;overhead.=20
Hard to identify which.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mostly =
Common I=20
suspect but I think a few were Red Throated as there flight (wingbeat) =
is=20
different than Common. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>FYI</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Carl</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C8B6AB.2D1569A0--