[NatureNS] Bug Photos taken this past Sat & Sunday

Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 01:12:31 -0300
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Agreed with Chris Majka about 0164, 0165, and 0169 (appears to be a female
Bombylius major, a European originally).  0157 is a bit hard in side view, but
could be a female nematoceran fly ("March Fly"), that comes out at this
time of
year -- family Bibionidae, possibly Bibio species. The males have huge
bipartite, wrap-around eyes if you can get a shot of one.  The bugs sucking on
the frog in 0158 are some type of mosquito.
Steve