[NatureNS] Harbour Porpoise - Wolfville

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:40:49 -0300

Mid-afternoon today (Wed. Apr 23) two Harbour Porpoises were feeding at the
mouth of the Cornwallis River. The tide was falling. A GBH flushed from
close to the harbour.

Monday Apr 21:  First Purple Finch(f) arrived at our Wolfville Ridge feeders
(none seen through winter).
Tuesday: Male Purple Finch heard singing here.
         First Savannah Sparrows heard on the Ridge.
         Tree Swallows inspecting my nest boxes.
Wednesday: Arrival of two White-thr. Sparrows.
Was surprised not to hear any Savannah Sparrows calling in the western
dykelands of Grand Pre - between harbour and the sewage ponds.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts
    Wolfville