[NatureNS] Hartlen Point Wednesday evening April 16

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:57 -0300

Hello,

I went out to Hartlen Point for an after work walk.  Finally it feels like Spring.
Robins where everywhere on the greens pulling worms, vocal Song
Sparrows in the woods, paired up ducks on the ponds (Black and Mallards),
and grouse drumming in the woods.  "Best" birds of the evening where two
Palm Warblers along the trail down to Back Cove, the first warblers for me
this year. No Ospreys on the nesting platform or elsewhere in the vicinity,
nor Willets in the marsh and bog yet.  Just a matter of days I guess for those
to show up.

Ulli